Thursday, February 8, 2007

Sharks-4 Ducks-7 2/6/07

My buddy Roy hooked me up with some sweet Ducks tickets for Tuesday's game in San Jose. He's a loyal Sharks fan & I think a part of him suffered greatly to have to give up four of his season tickets to a Duck girl. But he's a loyal friend too, so I totally scored!

Now this time of year my household is semi-dominated by hockey so I figured my boy roomies would jump at the chance to go with me. And they kinda did, all except Kev who a Redwings fan & never really excited about anything unless he's at least a 6 pack deep. Only one of my roomies is actually a Sharks fan (you'll see a pic of him pouting below) & then Kenny a Penguins boy. Kev ended up flaking the morning of the game so it ended up with just 3 of us & a dude B-Rad works with:

The seats were fairly fantastic. I can tell there was some time spent picking the right spot cause if I look straight ahead, my seat is right at the Sharks goal line. As they’re singing the National Anthem, I make a mental note that I haven’t seen a single other Duck fan anywhere in the building. And there must be close to 20,000 people here – It’s an obvious sellout! This could get interesting… Yay! Game on!


Almost immediately the Ducks were on the board. Which is about the moment when I realized that I was jumping up & downing & celebrating... completely alone. The place was dead silent. People seemed to be a tad annoyed in my section that I was so happy & were not timid about letting me know this. I got to repeat this experience several times, much to their dismay. I even had a lil 4 year old kid tell me to sit down! I did at this point hear a distinct Duck call to my left and another cheering-like-crazy fan way down to my right.

Well, I could go on with the details of how much the Ducks dominated the Sharks in the first two periods, but lets just let these shots showing the scoreboard do the talking:


I'm not actually sure that Kenny was really smiling so big because My Duckies were kicking ass or if it was the generous level of talent present:


The ladies did not impress B-Rad at all. He was deep into a pout even though IMHO he should be grateful it wasn't a shutout at this point! He kept giving me the bird so I took the opportunity to demonstrate the human scoreboard:


During the intermission I did meet another Ducks fan - all clad in his crisp new black & gold Duck jersey & just plain old hotness. He was even a tad flirty! Too bad I didn't have my camera out there!

Did I mention the great seats? Check out the perfect view:

Chris Pronger is huge up close! Here's another score update for ya.

The Sharks put up a rather impressive fight in the last 10 minutes or so. And in my defense I barely celebrated the Ducks goal on the empty net near the end! Here's a shot close to then:

After we got outside I found another Ducks fan! He of course wasn't nearly as hot as Mr. New Duck Jersey Guy, but I did have my camera this time! (Poor kid musta thought I was a freak!)
Super long drive home with mostly snoring boys. I had to share this interesting find from a gas station though. See the red on the door?

I had to zoom to get up close enough for you too see it:



That's right - No Robbery Zone!
Someone shoulda told the Ducks that before they destroyed Toskala that night!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Although I am soooo not interested in sports, I love the blog and will be checking back frequently to see your updates (hint hint).

Anonymous said...

First... YAY! I didn't know you had a blog! Coolness!

Second... great shots! I'm glad you had a good time and found fellow feathered friends (get it? feathered? because... oh I know you get it.)

I think all stores should put up the no robbery zone signs. I bet it would really deter would-be robbers, ya know?